Sep 3, 2007

Painted Faces- The makep of the story

More tears are shed from answered prayers than unanswered ones.

Fitting that i just watched Capote.

A man who made his life's fame on the death of someone else. Isn't that terrible of me to put it that way. Without reservation, I am merely stating the facts. I don't believe he was as heartless as that sounds, hoever. Actually he seems to be portrayed as one of the most sensitive individuals in history. His heart was definitely in his work as well.

It's amazing people's reaction to death. I am not at the age where I have to think about it (as far as I am concerned) except when it happens to your friend. You know, one of those flukes that you only hear about through a friend of a friend of someone else who went to church with them and she heard some one else praying about the situation. That is the only way to get all the details. Sheesh.

Two day ago Toby and I were running around in the woods in goofy, leaf-patterned clothing. 15 miles of hiking -half uphill and half down. I saw the hind ends of 4 fleeting blacktails. Across the canyon Toby spied 4 elk 30 yards below me straight down the gulch... unbeknownst to me of course. It was a great day none-the-less. We talked of family and future and caught up on the last 6 months the way friends of 20+ years need to at 3 year intervals. Family is such a priority that we don't seem to hang with friends the way we want, but neither of us fault the other because the priority is mutual... If it weren't, reciprocal respect would be lost as well.

If we would have hung out on Sunday the conversation would have bEen much different. During the course of 15 miles and two hours of car ride we had the opportunity to ask about all the extended relationships as well. Toby asked how Chase was doing and I relayed the latest info- blah, blah, married, blah, good kids, blah, great wife, doesn't fish much anymore, but we manage to get out once in a while. It's the same story for us all and none of us are actually complaining. We traded the wilderness of our previous lives for the comfort of family. After I dropped Toby off I got my voice mail and learned that Chase lost his wife that morning- a brain tumor had taken her in her sleep according to the initial report.

Tragedy.

I am lost of further words.




No comments: