Sep 14, 2007

Let's see if this works. I just uploaded video from my camera phone and my powerbook made things real easy. Bluetooth on, discover phone, grab video, and upload to blogger with one last click.

What an amazing turn of events tonight. great dinner with my very lovely wife. No kids so I invited her out to see an eclectic show at Viva l'arte or hear some DJ's spin down out Somedaylounge. Either would have been great, but she is leaving for the weekend and had to pack for her 7am flight to Napa Valley for a wedding so i dropped her off back home and headed out. I am looking forward to being daddy 24/7 and be completely on my game but beforehand I wanted- no needed to go out.

I was supposed to meet up with the Trueb brothers who were heading up the Carolines but now the other brother's project TAT is what is being rehearsed. I wish they could have come down to experience this night with me.

I went down to the Odditorium while TAT finished rehearsing and got to have the Warhol's play for me alone. I got to catch the tail-end of the perfection that happens every time I hear them live. But this time there was no one around but me. The stage was a perfect 30 ft away and nothing but floor betwixt me and a heavy wall of the best of new and old classic sounds from the PDX quartet. I sat down and they were kinda jamming something new. Then they launched into 2 concert level songs that seemed like Courtney was doing it as a favor just to me. At least I would like to think so. Phenomenal. Sometimes I can't believe my undeserved good fortune on this earth.

There were others when I first showed up. Rob was in the library listening to his master that he got back today with Sarah Jane. His stuff alone could have made my night. I had to let the Truebs know that it wasn't a scene i could squeeze them into but that I may meet up with them later. Shortly I went in to feel the Dandy Warhols and found myself immersed in the most amazing live show ever. But just a random Thursday for this crew.

I am truly blessed, and that is all there is to say.

After a few different jams I wandered around back and found the remnant perfection on display from The London Police show at the Wonder Ballroom surrounding an inviting circle of couches and coffee table. It was so dimly lit that it turned out black as my camera phone peered around the 2-ton velvet curtains that divided the two areas. It was the perfect place to lay on the flat concrete floor listening to the most amazing live music in my life and just stretch my back and relax. My girls and I will have a much better weekend thanks to these guys and their personal venue they let me into.

Well... Just take a look at the crappy phone vid below.

No comments: