Apr 22, 2006

It'll be Cool

It'll be cool to compare this before pic to the two-wheeled rig I am about to pick up from the shop this week. You can see that the tank was an issue. there was nothing hidden there. but since it was rusted I knew there were small particles that have been clogging the carb's jets and leaving the exhaust pipes with burned remnants of the inside of that tank.
I yarded the dunstall stock mufflers in lieu of some reverse cone blasters. and pulled the stock airbox off and installed individual pods. Because of these changes to the in and out of it's breathing, I had to rejet the carbs and let the increased air-flow mix with more fuel. Well, why not? The carbs were going to need to be cleaned anyway- lets give it 7 more horses.
Man I love spoked rims- mags just aren't that cool. The only great thing I see is that you can paint them in a thick color scheme that goes with the rest of your bike to really make it your own.

No comments: