Jan 9, 2009

Prehistoric Shark Tooth, Cat Tooth?


In 2007 I found a 2" shark tooth (or something) at 800' elevation while elk hunting in territory that I will only disclose to a scientist who doesn't hunt elk...

I originally thought it was just the splintered joint-end of a major mammal bone that had been eroded and serving as a calcium supply for rodents in more recent times. But I showed it to my wife's cousin and he kinda freaked. He told me that it's the most common fossil in the world, but this one, given it's size and location, needed to be shown around. I showed it to him in early August of 2008 and I am finally taking the time to document it. I guess I figured, "what's another couple months?"

1 comment:

DSBAEHLER said...

That's a forest shark tooth for sure. I've seen those forest sharks before. They are mean. They eat grizzly bears for lunch and can cut a man clean in half with just one bite. Gives me shivers just thinking about it.