Oct 27, 2009

Everyone Can't Be in Your Front Row

Below is a forwarded email I received. I forward a half dozen emails a year and when I do it is usually to a select 2-5 people. But last night (and into the wee hours of this morning) I had a front row seat in a basement full of speakers and amps. I tried to be sly about recording with my iPhone and figured I'd ask later and not interrupt what he was asking the guitar to do.


He says we "accidentally" recorded the intro and a few tracks to a new album idea that dawned on him last Sunday morning. I guess when a person has the ability to make a guitar sound as whimsical as a whistle and you know what sound you want then the genius can manifest itself in less than two days- I spent months designing a flat-bed trailer and I still don't know if it's done. I don't play any instruments myself but to be that close to how it all works musically in someone else's mind ranks right up there with tying the perfect steelhead fly and bringing an anadromous beast to my hand.


Life is a theater - invite your audience carefully.

Not everyone is spiritually healthy and mature enough to have a front
row seat in our lives.


There are some people in your life that need to be loved from a
distance.

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you LET GO, or at least
minimize your time with draining, negative, incompatible,
not-going-anywhere
relationships/friendships/fellowships!

Observe the relationships around you. Pay attention to:

Which ones lift and which ones lean? Which ones encourage and which ones
discourage?

Which ones are on a path of growth uphill and which ones are going
downhill?

When you leave certain people, do you feel better or feel worse?

Which ones always have DRAMA or don't really understand, know and
appreciate
you and the gift that lies within you?

When you seek growth, peace of mind, love and truth, the easier it will
become
for you to decide who gets to sit in the FRONT ROW and who should be
moved to the balcony of your life.

You cannot change the people around you...but you can change the people
you are around!

Ask God for godly wisdom and discernment and choose wisely the people
who sit in the front row of your life.

No comments: