Mar 16, 2011

All Summed Up

Bro, Great to hear from you.

Life is ... really swell...  to put it correctly. 
Sarah and Brent just had their baby last night 7pm on the 16th.  She pretty much labored at home and went and checked in and had the baby about two hours later.  No muss no fuss.  Henry Gerald DeBoer.
But I'll be calling him Hank, especially during Moustache March.  Then maybe Tank.

My homies are fine.  Avery started Karate with a friend and loves it... I watched her without her knowing and my heart kinda melted.. never happened before while watching or coaching her.   Just having Avery throw punches while smiling is really pretty adorable but I reckon I'm biased.

Regan went that same night to "Girl Guides" with a friend.  Sorta like brownies or something... but came home kinda miffed that they "taught us how to hang wet clothes, and do ironing... and polish shoes... don't forget the shoe polishing."  That was her smart ass direct quote that made Lisa and I bust out.  Regan delivered it that way on purpose and was trying not to smile and be miffed.  Man she is funny.

Our stuff that we shipped will arrive this week from the US -that will be cool.  My motorcycle finally got approved for import and left last week and should be here around the first week of April.  I just purchased an unlocked 3G iphone and a 32gb 3GS iphone and an iPad from my connection back home and Justin will be shipping that over. this week since everything is twice as expensive here.

Lisa is trying to stay busy and now that we have little Hank that will be easier for her.  She and I have never been better.  Her schedule doesn't leave me waving to her car as I pull in from work, or worse I'm not dragging along to keep up with her schedule.  We hang.  With each other.  Enjoying each other's company.  Being great friends and the main focus for each other- refreshingly it is the kind of marriage I dreamed of having when I lived by my fly rod and convinced myself I'd never be married.

As for work...
I spent a little over a month on the motorhome line going from the chassis on up the line to learn how each part of the process goes.  I was asked to hang around a bit more to learn the "slide-out" installation and it was a brand new motor going in for the first time so that was cool.
Then a few days ago on this Tuesday I started my first jobby-job and that was to tear down an entire motorhome that had gotten rear-ended by a truck.  It was cool.  I bled for my employer, but it was great to have a job to do, and enjoy doing it.
I told Lisa, "They are paying me to dismantle a motorhome.  How cool is that?".  My hands are destroyed and small bits of fiberglass are embedded in my arms and cause annoying pain as the sheets and pillow rub it in at night but I'm so tired the pain is very temporary.:-)

I just finished it this afternoon and left the R&D shop to find a quiet place and write an email to you and kill a good thirty minutes before I head home and go meet Hank.

You should be on schedule to come over for a visit?  Isn't your time coming up?  Talk to someone.  Figure it out.  And once you guys get here we'll just have you chat with some people...  You'll end up staying.

Thanks especially with all your help on getting the Blazer games.  That has been a very stellar bit of servicing you have given us.

Really good to have you reach out.

1 comment:

DSBAEHLER said...

The painting turned out great!