Apr 1, 2008

River of Industry

The eagle represents a great and powerful nation. It seems to be grounded from flight though. The freedom to create, invent, invest, produce and secure our families is the reason behind our wars. And our restful peaceful times when freedom really flourished seem too distant now. Take the 80's, for example, when Reaganomics ruled. We were so free that the only bad decisions made were somewhere in the dichotomy of fashion trends between Don Johnson and Depeche Mode.

Ahh, if those were our only troubles now.

The Presidency is not a job I would request- making a few of the coolest driftboats on earth at a premium dollar, and fishing with interesting people is a fine way to make a living I must say. But if I were the Commander in Chief I would assume that my State of the Union address would take place live from the campfire along a riverbank and the gist of it would be "Americans, thank you for working so hard. I will continue to make sure you have a nice place to do so." And then I would have to discuss a few of the potent topics like healthcare, crime, etc. and talk about some accomplishments and some things in the pipe. But for the most part it would be a speech commending the Americans making our nation great... the people like me who have spent time in their garage or office fixing, rebuilding and dreaming a better future for themselves.


Exploiting natural resources for monetary gain is always a difficult task to manage. I think it was for that reason that I have always had a problem being a fishing guide. The Natural Resource is my passion for the flyfishing, but as soon as I took money, I realized I was putting a price on that passion. So I figured out other means to make money and still get plenty of river-time in... 

No comments: