Jan 12, 2008

Conduct unbecoming an officer

So it's 4am and I am coming home from Poker with cash in my pocket for the first time in a long time. They were pretty messed up by the end of the noght, but since I was the only one driving home, I stayed sober.

I told of a time when my wife and I invited some people from work to get a bigger two-table game. This one divorced-mom-kinda-chick from my work won the whole thing that night. However, she didn't refrain from showing the complete bitty to us all as she did it.
Man it was awful and I never trusted her since. She wasn't there for the social aspect with possibility of cash on the side as a bonus.

A few years later she asked for a raise after a review and got denied. 4 days after that there was a letter from her attorny claiming sexual harassment. It stated that myself and another worker were talking about whetther or not she had ... er, "frontal enhancement" to her chest region.

-Whether or not we discussed it, it isn't sexual harassment.-

On the spot she was given a notice of "we'll help you find a new job". She left the "meeting" and never returned.

But the point is I didn't trust her as soon as I saw that side come out at poker. You can learn alot when you play cards. (I learn most of my game from my wife- she's an absolute shark) After all was said and done, my CEO was cool enough to ask me why I never said anything to him about my gut feeling. My only response was "She was your number one. What did my opinion matter?"

I am an easy target for something like that. I take things to the edge- but I remain so accutely aware of that edge I don't "drop off". If I was in the military I bet I would get myself into
some trouble with that. If I didn't get kicked out first for spouting off to some higher ranking jackass.

No comments: