Feb 7, 2006

Reader's Digest

I bought a book last week at a farmhouse that I pass on the way to work. She has this little business out of her barn where she resells odd items. Books are always a dollar. I am a sucker for books. And I crack about all of them that I purchase.

Even so-called geniuses are largely geniuses because they are willing to use the time that others throw away. It was Michelangelo who said: "if people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." And Alexander Dumas confessed: "Infatuated, half through conceit, half through love of my art, I achieve the impossible working as none else ever works..."

Write Better, Speak Better The Reader's Digest Association, Inc.
This book originally caught my eye because it was about 3 inches thick and bound really well in a canvased hardcover. It is actually kind of a home text book with little tests and word power worksheets and stuff. I have oly glanced cursorily through some sections, (i.e. writing complaint letters). Fortunately I snagged the little quip above. What a jewel of thoughts. But it only allows my nights to become more sleeplessly insane while I continue working on pipe-dreams well into the dark morning of each following day.

No comments: